Blackjack: find casinos in Black Hawk with blackjack tables + Learn how to play the game of blackjack.
Prior to Amendment 50 blackjack was not allowed, but on Nov. 4, 2008, Colorado Voters passed sweeping changes to the "limited gaming act" that not only raised the maximum betting limits on a given hand from $5 to $100, but also made to allow for other game types including blackjack.|
Here is the layout of a typical blackjack table:
Black Hawk Casinos with blackjack tables (in order by # of tables):
Ameristar Casino has the largest blackjack pit with 15 tables.
The Isle of Capri Casino comes in second with 14 blackjack tables.
Mardi Gras Casino has a 12 table blackjack pit.
The Lodge Casino at Black Hawk has 9 blackjack tables.
Fitzgeralds Casino has 9 blackjack tables.
Lady Luck Casino has 6 blackjack tables.
Riviera Casino has 6 blackjack tables.
Golden Gates Casino has 6 blackjack tables.
The Gilpin Hotel Casino has 4 blackjack tables.
Canyon Casino has 3 blackjack tables.
How to play live blackjack in a casino:
The maximum bet playing "blackjack" in Black Hawk, Colorado (on a single bet) is $100.
How To Play Blackjack
Blackjack is by far one of the most popular casino card games because it allows knowledgeable players a chance to earn winnings much easier than a game of chance would allow. With just a basic knowledge of how the game of blackjack works and the systems and strategies that gives you an advantage, you can make your casino bankroll last a lot longer than you could playing roulette or baccarat. Blackjack has been prominently featured in movies, such as 21, where most of the winning strategies involve counting cards, which can get you kicked out of a casino. However, even if you aren't counting cards, as long as you are patient and play smart, you can still get a leg up on the house and win some serious money. If you are interested in the historical context of Blackjack, read here.
Blackjack is played against the dealer, who also has a hand of his own. The dealer opens the game by dealing two cards to everyone. A player examines his cards to decide if he wants to hit, split, stand or double down. Though there are several players at a table each one is playing the dealer individually. The object of Blackjack is to beat the dealer total without going over a total of 21.
The cards are counted and totaled as follows:
- 1-10 are worth the number on the card
- J, Q, K are worth 10
- A is worth 1 or 11
There are 7 options you have once you are dealt your cards in blackjack. You can:
- Blackjack! - This means you got an ace with a 10, jack, queen or king. Normally it pays 3-2 but this can vary depending on casino, type of game and number of decks used. This is an automatic win unless the dealer also has a blackjack which means you tie or push and you do not win or lose your bet.
- Hit - This means you want another card and commonly this is done by a hand gesture. You may also say "Hit me". If you hit and go over 21("bust"), you turn your cards up and your bet is lost.
- Stand - This is when you do not want any more cards. You indicate this by sliding you cards underneath your bet.
- Double Down - This means you can double you wager on your first two cards and receive only one more to improve your hand. The total of your first two cards you are allowed to double down on varies from casino to casino.
- Split - If your first two cards are pairs, you may split them and play two hands by placing a second bet equal to your first on the table. Most casinos allow you to double down after you split and the same rules apply from above. You may hit as many time as you want on either hand after a split. If you go over 21 you "bust" and lose your wager on the busted hand only.
- Insurance - If the dealer's up card is an ace, he will ask if you want insurance. For insurance, the player can bet up to half his original bet. If the dealer has blackjack, the insurance pays 2-1. If not, the player loses his insurance bet only and play continues as normal.
- Surrender - This is not allowed at every casino. A player can decide to surrender a hand and lose half his bet but only on his first two cards.
Blackjack is fun and usually played at a faster pace than most casino games. There is a basic strategy to Blackjack based on mathematical probabilities. This basic strategy reduces the house edge in blackjack making it the most popular game in the casino.
Black Hawk Colorado features: Black Hawk, Colorado, Black Hawk Hotels, Black Hawk Casinos, Black Hawk Maps, Black Hawk Weather, Black Hawk Jobs & Employment, Black Hawk Poker, Black Hawk History, Black Hawk Transportation, Black Hawk Casino News|
Black Hawk casinos:
Ameristar Casino Hotel,
Black Hawk Station,
Canyon & Grand Plateay Casino,
Gilpin Hotel Casino,
Golden Gates Casino,
Golden Gulch Casino,
Isle of Capri Casino Hotel,
Lady Luck Casino Hotel,
Lodge Hotel Casino,
Mardi Gras Casino,
Red Dolly Casino,
Saratoga Casino Black Hawk,
Wild Card Saloon
Black Hawk casino games guides: Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Texas Hold'em, Slots and video slots, Video poker